Search This Blog

Thursday 7 October 2010

I need a line desparately

It seems I can no longer 'tahan' the days being offline especially at lonely night. Also I'm in need for this too because I will have often late TC especially using OC (Office Communicator) like coming Friday.

Discussed with landlord last week and he said will apply but now still in KIV. As he's not techie person or fanatic about online thingy, I doubt he will apply soon and he always depend on his wife for all these.

Now the dilemma comes ... Singtel, Starhub or M1? I've borrowed a Singtel usb day before and tested it. Seems not that good because it suppose to perform at 7.2MB but ended up 1.8MB from my unit. Skype is unstable but in general ... still acceptable. My iPhone also running via Singtel and 3G network seems not that good too.

So one is out remaining two, Starhub and M1. From the internet posts, some said M1 sucks, care for money but in reality I don't think Starhub customer service is any better either. After browsing thru forums, it seems Starhub network/performance seems better than M1. If you dislike to queue into a pack customer service counter, and M1's coverage is good for your area (if you have any reference) then I think it's good to go for M1 but to be safe side, I've chosen Starhub ... with both finger crossed ... not sure if the performance is good at my room.

Once purchased the broadband, I went dinner at Burger King and follow by a movie (Detective Dee) ... something to entertain myself as I've been so busy settling down and 'jimat' with my daily expenses. The show started around 10pm and finished at 12am. I was so worried because if I couldn't catch the last train then I will have to take taxi ... which isn't cheap and additional 50% for midnight service.

For sure the MRT entrance in the mall is closed therefore I quickly rush out from the mall and take another entrance. Luckily it's still open and last train to Punggol will be leaving at 12:06am and my watch is already 12:05am !!! I so quickly tagged in and ran to the lobby and saw the train door already open and could close anytime by now. With luck, I managed to hop in and cruise all the way back to home ...

What a day ... Once I got home, it's already 12:30am and I quickly take the shower and test the bandwidth and I achieved 1.6MB out of 2MB. Seems ok and what I paid (S$27.10 per month) :)

No comments: