Search This Blog

Monday 11 October 2010

1st Class Sleeping Deck -- Sux

Well, there goes my RM139 with my very bad experience with 1st Class bed seating. I don't mind to walk to the far end (2nd deck from the last) and once I went in, I can see some 'high class' carpeted lobby. Though the carpet is a bit old but what you expect from KTMB for running these for so many years?


So once I was there, I was puzzled because I can see room number 1, 2, 3 ... 6 and mine was 1B !!! What the heck is that? Is it typo error or what? Without much choice left and the train is leaving soon, have to be thick face and knock on Room no. 1 and surprisingly, no one there. I saw 2 bunks as well, similar to 2nd class but a bit more spacious and with double pillow and a true blanket.






Then immediately I spotted A and B right next to those bed and then I realised 1B meaning Room No 1 and lower bunk :p

Anyhow, the room is basically EXTREMELY small and even smaller than First World Hotel. It can barely hold 3 person in there. There are TV with control panel but NOT WORKING.


A private toilet which isn't hardly can fit myself in and look alike those in plane

Control panel and study light switch from upper bunk

Control panel and study light switch from lower bunk

This I can still tolerate but the most annoying things are :-

  1. High pitch buzzer (probably from machine behind my deck
  2. Bitten by mosquitos
  3. Noisy and shaky compare to 2nd class deck
 In my opinion, I'd rather to stay 2nd class deck as it's most clean and silent ... What to do? Train ticket as usual sell like hot cakes. In brief, the train left around 11:10pm and reach SG around 7:15am (including custom/immigration checks) and I still have ample of time to put my stuff in office and went down for breakfast. The whole day? DAMN TIRED AND SLEEPY and I got almost knock out while reading some documentation today. Luckily today no TC and I can home early but that's not about it. I still have to iron few shirts and pant washed last week and sweep the floor as it's quite dusty.

The best thing is, my landlord told me his home broadband should be ready by Tuesday and if he ever told me earlier, I wouldn't have subscribe to my mobile broadband ... Kinda tired now, gotta get some sleep ... nite mate

No comments: