Search This Blog

Friday 15 October 2010

Balik kampung day

Today it should be another busy day whereby office work is getting more and today one of the big shot Lauder's family visiting my office and all those busy body and shoe polisher started to act busy and preparing bouquet because the event start at 5:30pm. Camera man, ushers, caterer and committee running here and there. One of my colleague even wear so formal just to get a photo with the big shot and even FFK my team to go bowling. I doubt he could do it because all those higher management and shoe polishers would have surrounded him. Good luck mate.

Back to mine bowling game, it took place at Superbowl near Kovan station (behind Heartland mall) and the setup seems a bit old and worn out but still okla. We had a great game and this round it seems I'm far more better compare to the last bowling session with ex-colleague. At least thid round I either got 9 pin per session, spares and even strike :)

Anyhow I had to leave around 9pm (after 3 games) as I need to catch train going back to KL. As I still haven't take my dinner therefore went into Heartland mall to buy some water and junk food. While I was in Cold Storage, I suddenly recalled the glue gun that I saw earlier was at this mall, not Hougang or Dhoby Ghaut. So I quickly grab it and head to MRT.

Unfortunately, I queued at a wrong counter as that cashier was a trainee and taking her own sweet time to punch the items. The best thing is those normal lanes with lot of trolleys were faster than my express lane ... Damn it! I was so worried as the time was already 9:20pm and I'm still in the queue. The journey from Kovan to Harbourfront would need 30 mins then detour to train station via bus 145 where I will need to cross the highway. Also the bus will pass at every 12 mins and not to forget the train gate will close at 10:20pm.

With various challenges, my worries became heavier and every tick meant a lot to me. Once I paid my stuff, it's 9:25pm and I quickly ran to MRT. About 2 mins, the MRT came and head towards Harbourfront and that time was already 9:30pm. Maybe the crowd is lesser and the train seems travel faster, maybe less time taken to stop at each station. I finally reach Harbourfront around 9:50pm. Once alight, again I rush out from Vivo City and cross the street then head to the bus station. Luckily the bus came when I reached the bus stop.

Last challenge, where to get off? To be sure, I turn on my google map and monitor each turning, junction and bus stop. Less than 5 mins, I'm already get off at Tg Pagar and head to train station within 2 mins. By the time I reach the gate, it's already 10:10pm and everyone started to queue up. I was so glad that I. made it again and was damn soaking wet, as if I'm just showered.

Once I got into my 1st class deck, I started to have my junk food dinner and prepare the immigration procedures.

It's 11:50pm now and I'm already at JB. Guess they will depart around 12am. Better get some sleep as the weekend will be very precious to me. Good night and happy reading as THANK GOD IT IS FRIDAY :)

No comments: