Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Heavy Lunch

Today seems nothing special except my lunch expenses is getting higher. This will be a problem when your office is right in the center of the city and your colleague are foreigner where they don't have to concern about dollar and cents.

Unlike me, I'm still surviving in SG using RM as I still haven't earn my salary in SG yet. So even a $5 rice/noodle I will consider very expensive. For now, to me, cheap food will be around $2.50 (chicken rice near my MRT) and noodle around $3 - $4. If you're dining at those food court like kopitiam, food price will be around $4 - $9 (similar to Food Republic).

Today lunch, I've follow my regular gang to have Indian food. Similar to those mamak I had at my old office except this is in a mall. The platters is with 2 vege and a meat. When they ask me for the meat, I asked for fish cutlet as I thought this would be cheaper but in fact, this is a side dish and not part of the platter!!!! So end up, I have to choose another meat (red chicken).

In total, the platters cost me $7.50 and $2 for the cutlet and another $1.50 for drinks. So it ended up to pay $11.20 including GST !!! OMG, this would be more than I consume for a day meal ... I felt regret and feel to slap myself but what else can I do at that very moment? In fact, if you take a close look, it's not very expensive if you're earning SG :(

In addition, I couldn't finish it because I've already train myself eat smaller portion since day 1 and most of my meal I will not order any drink unless it's very hot/thirsty. Luckily I only felt hungry when it's about 7:30pm. Since I've spent so much for lunch therefore I will have to cut cost for dinner. Ended up I ate Qiu Lian Pan Mee again which cost at $3.50 and I didn't order any drink.

Hopefully the days ahead, I can be more careful when joining them for lunch ...

No comments: