Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Another bad day ... or IT finally gave up on me?

Today is just another day, nothing much special until after lunch time, when I was about to go pantry to get some water, suddenly I felt my left shoe seems very loose and almost touching the floor. I wonder why I've this strange feeling? When I look down, I saw the shoe 'smile' at me WIDELY and whoever walk pass me will sure notice it. After refilled the water, I quickly walk back to my cubicle to check the actual damage to my shoe and this is how it look like :-


I did tried to fix it but the damage seems too serious and I couldn't find any super glue to temporary hold reduce the damage spread. So I have to try stay put in my cubicle and avoid walking around but due to unforeseen matters, I need to walk quite a bit. When clock strike 6+pm, I quickly pack up and get ready to leave but once I reach the main entrance, the whole rubber came out !!! It's not only giving me problem to walk further but damn ugly & awful. Luckily that time not much people therefore I quickly go back to my cubicle and think of alternate solution. Finally, I got this idea and it manage to allow me leaving office and walk to nearby mall to buy new shoe.


Once I got out from building, I quickly walk to People's Mall and stop by a cobbler to ask for cost of repair and he said S$55 and it's almost as good as buying a new shoe. So I've no choice but to visit shoe store which is right next to it. Without wasting much time, and recommendation from the store keeper, I finally got this with S$69.90. According to the owner, this is a durable and genuine leather shoe. Though the outlook isn't very attractive but can last at least 1 - 2 years. At that moment, I suddenly felt the reason of my shoe's damage could be the walking I've done in SG is soooooo intensive and everyday at least 30 mins walking. Back in KL? Mostly will be driving and walking? The most 10 mins? Hopefully the new shoe really can last me longer so that I can save some money here :-

No comments: