Search This Blog

Monday 31 January 2011

Things are at stake

When I woke up this morning, the sky still dark I thought it's still 5 or 6 am but about few mins later, my alarm set off at 7:15am. What?!? Why the sky is so dark? When I look out, it seems just sky is barely light up and still heavy rain. Sh*t I think to myself and hope the rain will stop when I go out later.

About 8:25am, I'm about to leave the house but it's still heavy rain. I should have buy the umbrella once I gave mine to Violet. With nothing much I can do, so I have to walk in rain. Luckily most of the pedestrian path is sheltered but still some stretch are open space. Once I reached MRT station, I'm already half wet and it was damn cold in MRT (with my body wet too). During the trip, I was too afraid to stand to close to others afraid they might not like when they found I'm wet but I've no choice. Luckily I was quarter to dry when I reach Clarke Quay station.

It's a gloomy morning and 9am also like 7pm!
Once I reach office, all my buddies were gone to 7th floor and surprisingly not much emails and tickets to work on. OMG, what am I suppose to do? It will be a long and boring day then. I would rather a busy day will pass like a wind rather than crawl to survive for the day. Not long after I started work, my dad called and ask me if I'm already at SG's office. I said yes and asked him why then he told me KTM has cancelled all train to/from SG due to flood and landslide in Kluang, Johor ... accordingly to local newspaper. I was so shocked and quickly check thru the Internet and really confirmed it's true.


I feel so relief and lucky because if I were really in the train, I don't think I can work today and tomorrow as I will be stranded in Kluang. Either to take bus to Singapore or back to KL but this also have to depend on ticket availability because it's CNY and everyone will be rushing back to their home town. In worst case, I might need someone to drive down to Kluang and fetch me home, which cause me to spend more money, disappoint the company and I might need to take unpaid leave (which cost more money).

I don't know if this is consider a good start of the new for me but I'm sure I'm lucky this time. I guess I might need to take bus for my special trip like festive season, attending important event, etc. I know it's not KTM fault but I wouldn't want to put myself into jeopardy for important trip.

It's also another good thing for me because today I receive mandarin orange and angpow from the company. Even though it's not as much as I have back in KL but still good right? So, it's twin happiness today

Mini bag with BIG angpow ... not sure if inside also BIG
2 mandarin oranges and a angpow
Inside got ah 'huat' lo ... okla at least got some 8 inside
After work, went to visit a friend at Paya Lebar and had dinner at one of the popular mamak chain restaurant, Teh Tarik. It's not only has mamak food but others like Malay, Chinese and Western food as well. First thing that got my attention is their Kambing Sup (lamb soup). Of course I won't miss it and also ordered a Nasi Lemak too. Too bad the rice is cold but the santan taste still there. I believe it will be nice if can eat while it's still hot with the Kambing Sup. Perfecto!

The cili and anchovy are good
Too bad without roti ... miss those days

No comments: