Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Can't remember when ...

Work seems getting more and more and seems never stop ... Apart of attending safety talk organised by our office for 1 hour and lunch, the rest I was working in front of my computer non stop. For the safety talk, it was good because I get to learn some new method to survive in case of emergency. Some of them I have listen before like installing smoke detector, fire extinguishers, key elements to put off a fire, look for emergency exit, etc but I also learn something new like :-

  1. Normally fire don't kill but the smoke
  2. How to prolong the period for the fire to get into your house
  3. Danger of long hair when caught in fire
  4. Pocket smoke mask, handy mask with 7 layers that can resist up to 450 degree and filter the poisonous smoke become fresh air and this can save your life for 30 mins (can protect your hair too). It's so small and handy so that you can bring almost everywhere
  5. Danger of wearing glasses and especially contact lens during fire outbreak
  6. Never charge electrical appliances overnight
  7. Share these information with everyone especially your love one. Have a family talk on how to handle situation like this if I'm not around or even alone. Where and how to use fire extinguisher, don't use water because there are 4 grades of fire. Different grades have to handle differently. Where is the nearest fire exit or plan a safety route.
It was a fruitful 1 hour talk and very beneficial to every attendees but at the end, still do a bit of sales talk and selling those mask, fire extinguisher and smoke detector ;) At least they don't just direct selling ...

About 7pm, I really need to make a move for dinner because I don't want to rush home for dinner then attend the 8:30pm call but still have some pending work. So no choice but to bring laptop home in hope to clear some work. I can't remember when was the last time I bring my laptop home as I always stressed on worklife balance. First time I brought back was when I wanna try Wireless USB at home and try out Skype. Second time was when my family first visit me in SG on last Nov and this is the 3rd time (but 1st time to work at home). As for my dinner, I tried mini pot laksa but very disappointing because the soup so diluted and not tasty at all. Will not go there again!

Look nice but very deceiving
Everything will have the first time but I hope I don't have to do this anymore, at least not for the near future ...

No comments: