Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 January 2011

SMI APAC Teambuilding

Though this is the 3rd time that the management organise this team building but this is my first time. It seems one of the key topic would be how to identify the type of person you and someone that you dislike in the team so that you (or him) will work out a way to rational and accept each other. The first thing that strike my mind that this will be another trick used by the management to clear misunderstanding among the team and in hope the bonding among the team will be better after this so the project performance would be higher as well. One stone kill few birds.

Having to say that, I actually went googling to identify and locate the route/transportation to the hotel. Once I stepped out, another drizzling day. Luckily I wear colar shirt and jean, so it's ok to get wet a bit but will dry ver soon. Also I actually woke up at 6:45am because I need to leave the house by 7:30am as the event start at 8:30am sharp.

Ready and exercise material
View toward stage from my chair's angle
The reward after winning the movie/char guessing game :)
It's a small/medium size of ballroom with few tables (representing each team) and flip charts.Team were split around the tables and all module but be divided and grouped properly. From this course, it actually explain there are 4 type of common person we can see in the street and they are Driver (always led but sometimes in tolerate), Analytical (always refer to global policy and making decision/perform based on fact), Amiable (another word lalang - where they always follow the team, indecisive and YES Man) and finally Expressive (where they are mostly talkative, persuasive and always over compromise - good for being sales person). So the prop above actually help to provide you some idea who you are and which type of person you are then there will be a profile report generated before the event (we actually being asked to do a survey for the team building).

About 12:30am, we finally can go lunch but still around the hotel. Food and presentation is good for me but dish not sufficiently ordered (maybe costing reason) :(

Sliced chicken and duck with mango and honey dew
Shrimp wantan with nice seafood soup
Fried prawn with almond flakes
Tau fu with 'Wood Fish'

Hot and sour yee mee
Mango and lime dessert
About 6pm, the event finally end and I took bus to DG then NEX. Not because I can't afford a taxi but I want to know more about SG. Once in NEX, as usual just went for my favourite soup + rice ;)

Monk Jump Over the Wall @ S$7.50 with rice

No comments: