Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Hougang Pasar Malam, here I come!

It seems the sunrise is quite late lately, about 7:30am still feel like 7am here in SG. It feels good because you don't get sweat when walking to MRT and make you feel arrive office early (when you still reach office around 9am) :)

As for work today nothing special because still need to deal with cow and bull. I have to use this term so that I will not require to pay much attention and patience with them because I rather to save it for something better or worth it. Even during lunch time, the sky a bit cloudy and windy so I've decided to eat hotpot again ;)



It's cheap and very filling if were to go with rice ... only S$3.50. This will be my 3rd choice after mixed rice and vegetarian rice. The soup is sweet and should be free/very less msg because I don't feel much thirsty after consumed it. Of course going lunch with those guys would need to have "package lunch" whereby to go dessert after lunch. For dessert, I took black sesame because I need something thick and sweet. I think my dream to slim down is going to be very tough as I'm starting to get used to SG lifestyle. Luckily I still walk to office/back home otherwise ..... FAT again!

About 7pm, I feel so tired and need to leave now and grab dinner as today I will have 8:30pm TC. So I rush back to Hougang and went to food court for fried slice fish noodle again but today I've changed to Yee Mee. Taste good and very jive with the soup.

After the dinner, I went to pasar malam to survey what they have there. Food varieties is almost the same as KL's pasar malam but they have few smelly tau foo stalls and all of them were doing good. So I bought one to try out and their local Ramly burger as my supper while watch PPS later ;)

About 8:15pm, I went home to attend for the TC. About 30 mins later, it's over and I tried to Skype with kids but failed. The program seems not working properly or corrupted. So I quickly re-install and managed to fix the problem. When I'm able to call thru the Skype, my son already slept and that time was only 9:15pm. It was so early and he looks like still struggle with long hours of schooling. Hopefully he will get over it by next week. Violet told me Kai Meng actually asked her if I'm not going back this weekend and I'm so surprised because Violet and Shireen didn't tell him before. How does he knows that?

I think he should be fine this week because he has substitute class on Saturday and Shireen will bring him out for some window shopping. If my dad called them for brunch, then it will be better too. I really feel bad for unable to return this weekend as I need to go Bali for team building. In fact, I was happy to know that I finally able to go there for the first time but at the same time, I will have to sacrifice my quality time with my family. I will try to call them every night when I'm in Bali to reduce the impact/hurt feelings.

About 10pm, I need to watch PPS and it's about the time I have to eat my supper because it's already cold and shouldn't be tasty anymore. Also it's not good to eat and sleep so soon as it will bloat up my stomach. In term of food wise, the tau foo is good (I'm sure it will be very nice while still hot) but the burger just so so only. I will not buy the burger again because the portion is a bit small and expensive, S$3 per pcs. I would rather buy noodle to eat.

If it's still hot and chilli is thicker, it will be very yummy!
Presentation is failed, small portion and expensive. Once for all ...

No comments: