Search This Blog

Monday 3 January 2011

School re-open for Violet and beginning of the new journey for Kai Meng

Surprisingly today both of the kids were able to wake up without any obstacles even though they slept around 12am last night. Speaking of that, I can still see some moody and weary look from Kai Meng but I've to be firm and let him know that this will be his new journey for years to come, depending how far he can go ... Secondary? Tertiary? Graduate? Master?

Farewell to his new toy
Look tired ... or no mood to school ;)
Get ready to school ...
Anyhow, I don't expect too much but just average would be fine for me. As for Violet, this will be another challenge year because she suppose to join J3G but due to recent structure change, all her classmate have been cascaded to few class so her regular gang will be history. It's not that bad at all, take it as a challenge and new change. Maybe she might improve and more behave with the new friends but it could be totally opposite so I still need to put her under observation.

Seems can't wait to school ... which is good :)
Today seems refreshing my memory because it's been months I never wake up early and fetch the kids to school then send Shireen to office. It's a bit tired but fun to experience this a bit. Drop Violet at school around 7am and reach Kai Meng's school around 7:15am.

Ok, no turning back, let's go to school!
Since we still have 15 mins before his school start, took him for some tour around the school so that he won't be panic and know where like toilet when he needed it. While waiting at canteen, took a pix for remembrance and hope he will have a good laugh or memory when he read/see this one fine day ;)

Mood seems better now ...
The finally bell rang, I've to send him to his class and find him a seat which is first come first serve basis and I'm sure the teacher will re-shuffle it later. One thing good about this school is it's not very popular and a bit old so they only have 1 or 2 class for each standard and about 20+ students within a class. With this, I'm sure the teacher will be able to focus and pay more attention to each of the students.

His first come first serve seating
Not really grumpy but teasing me
After settle down, both Shireen and myself went to Pusat Sumber for orientation session with the headmaster and asst headmasters where they explain their roles respectively and things we should know (and pay too) ;)




I think this is new to me because not only my time doesn't have this but none for Violet's time too. Seems the local school standard has gone to another milestone. The orientation and registration finished right about 9:50am and it's about the time for Kai Meng's recess. So I took the opportunity to queue with him at the canteen and guide him how to buy food with money. I know it's not easy and too early for him but I just want him to familiarise.

One sad scene is there was a malay girl in front of us and turn out to be Kai Meng's kindergarden classmate, queuing to buy food but she doesn't know what is money and need to pay for that. The best thing was her parent isn't with her so I've paid for her meal as I do really know how it feel. Not long after her father finally arrive to pay me back but I told him it's fine not because I want to show off but purely sincere.

I can still remember very clearly when I was at primary school day 1, I was left alone after my grandparent drop me and they never brief or guide me anything. During lunch time, I some how realise that I need money to buy food but I've nothing. Not sure if they forgot or think I shouldn't need to eat during recess. So I ended up wandering around the canteen to kill sometime. Luckily I met one of my classmate and he shared his 'kuih lapis' with me and it was such a special and unforgettable moment :'( So this is the reason why I can truly understand the girl's situation.

After we purchased the food, I show Kai Meng how to find a table and throw the rubbish after the meal. It was a nice session because he actually lean against me while eating his food ;) About 20 mins later, I've to send him back to his class and his seat was change to the seat on his right from his initial seat. Then I've to rush to his doctor at OUG to obtain his injection report for his health profile in his new school then head for brunch.

Little monkey in his 'cage'
After 12:50pm, I'm already at his school canteen, waiting for him to finish his day 1 at school. Too bad it was heavy rain but it's fun to walk with him with umbrella ;) Bought him Aunty Anne for lunch and his favourite too then went home to have some games and movies with him. I really wish that I can do this everyday or maybe more often. This feeling is so special and warm that you will earn it when you're not doing for the sake of doing it or to show off like other kiasu fellas.

After school effect, refreshed and ready to play!
About 3:30pm, again I've to drive down to fetch Violet because her class finish at 4:10pm. Honestly I'm not bias with my kids and I treat both of them fair and square. It's just that Violet has grown up and not as close with me as before to which I can understand. It was super pack at her school and it's not only double but triple parking and even to park at further roadside will need to walk about 5 mins, darn ... :(

Anyhow I still manage to fetch her at about 4:20pm then went home and make her soup for some snack because she will normally hungry after school. Since my in law is cooking today, so just make her some simple food because no point to go for mail meal when you will need to have dinner in 2 hours time.

First day to school seems no tiring and exhausted for them :p
It's evening now and the sad and missing feelings grew stronger and I've to hold it as firm as I could because I don't want to affect Kai Meng too. While I was busy packing up my stuff, he came to me and asked me when I will finish my work in SG and return to KL? I was so stunned and my emotion weight thousand tonnes. I hold my feelings and answered him that I will need to work there a bit longer because I need to save money and buy him toys (I purposely use toy to counter his feelings because kid will normally accept/do for toys) but he told me that he already have so much toys and doesn't need anymore. OMG, I really feel to cry but I just keep smiling and told him something to distract him :'(

What am I doing now? And what should I do next? Come back to KL? Ignore him and continue to save money in SG? Bring them over to SG? Or what? Without much words, I've called them to leave for Pudu for dinner. After the meal, I'm going to use FB to distract Kai Meng when I'm leaving for home to prepare myself to KL Sentral. Luckily it worked and at least I feel a bit better.

It's 10:30pm now and the thought the crowd would be less because it's Monday and school re-open as well but I was wrong and there are 2 groups of student seems having some rombongan. Hope they don't make much noise so I can grab some sleep because I woke up at 5:30am this morning and no chance to take nap. Good night and I will be back in 4 more days ;)

No comments: