Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Welcome back ... to hell

Maybe it's Tuesday and most people would have return to SG on Sunday/Monday, the train today reached Tg Pagar quite early, about 7:50am (normally about 8:20am) which is good because it's a good and slow start of the day for me. Also I felt a bit hungry and decided to buy economy meehoon with fish cake and sunny side as breakfast, which cost me S$2.50 (not cheap).

Once I back to office, I received 130+ emails and it seems the work is gradually coming back and my honeymoon period is finally over.  Welcome back to hell ... that's what I told myself. Also it has few main tasks assigned to me, which is to create about 880 users and assign them with multiple roles which can hit about 5000 roles in total. Of course I can't do this manually within a day but to use script - automated macro to repeat the recorded steps. It may sound easy, automated but things never be so perfect. This process need full observation because it might stop in between due to some errors such as user not exist, role can't be found, wrong user name/typo and etc. Imagine when the script is running and you almost can't do anything with your laptop and all other work is pending.

But no matter how, I will still reserve sometime for lunch as I don't skip the main meals. So just went to new area led by Carlo and the chicken rice portion is quite big and very cheap, just S$3.50!


I do know the work is coming back but I never expect that I would have such heavy day for the first day I return to SG! I suppose to leave about 6:30pm but due to unforeseen issues, I can only leave around 7:45pm. Because I need to attend TC at 8:30pm so I can just tah pau mixed rice back home, shower then attend the TC. By the time the TC is over, it's already 9pm and that's when I can only eat my dinner while watching some movies. What a busy, moody and tiring first working day for 2011. Hope this will not be on going or too often in my future life as I really want to have work life balance, not work like a dog.

Surprisingly, I'm tired and sleepy now when it's just 11:10pm. It's been ages that I never sleep at this hour. Anyhow, it's good to rest a bit early because I still need to prepare myself for the next days of ITRD4 preparation.

No comments: