Search This Blog

Saturday 8 January 2011

My dear Nikkor 70-300, come to daddy!

It was a good sleep and the passengers at my deck were quite quiet, no kids or overnight chat ;) I manage to sleep after JB till Kajang without interruption. I also didn't awake when passby Seremban station which I'll be normally awake at that time. Maybe I had some beer last night which make me sleep so tight. Should do that more often ;)

After I went home, I quickly went shower, settle down then go to Pudu because I need to fetch my family and in law to Pudu Pasar because she need to stock up some raw material for CNY biscuits sales. After that, we went to May King noodle store for Lam Mee, where they have run the business for almost 40 years. To me, it's not very great to mention but just want to re-visit them. I can't really remember when was the last time I was there, perhaps maybe 3 years? It's not cheap either as the noodle cost RM6, each fish ball and fried beancurd is RM1! Once a while is fine for me but nothing more than that.

Lam Mee
Ipoh Hor Fun
Fish ball with cuttle fish
Deep fried bean curd
After settle down my in law, it's time for me to collect my lens :) Went there with excitement and hope but once I stepped in, that fella told me the supplier couldn't make it yesterday and will send today instead. They advised me to come around noon/evening to be safe. WTF, why don't you have the courtesy to call the customer if it's unable to reach yesterday otherwise I would safe a trip there. Without wasting much time, I have to leave with disappointment and send Shireen to Hartamas for 2nd round. Since she need to be there for few hours and her friend was there too, so I go home with Kai Meng as Violet still at school.

When I'm not with Kai Meng, as usual we fool around and play games ... which is very fun and relaxing. There was a moment where I fell asleep at sofa and he actually sleep on top of me. It's a bit uneasy but feel very nice and warm. I wonder how long we can sustain at this because I used to do this with Violet too but the ship has sailed. Not her fault but she has grown up and physically matured ;)

About 4pm, the camera shop finally called me and inform me the lens is ready for collection, at last and I rang Shireen up few times for status check but still not ready. Both Kai Meng and myself were already hungry because we didn't go for lunch as we thought Shireen would be back by 3+pm but end up around 5pm. I was mad at that time because she can always tell me that she will be a bit late and I can go ahead for lunch if hungry but she didn't.

I've to fetch her up at McD and have no choice but to buy a nugget set to share because dinner time ois around the corner. Kai Meng was very hungry and he almost eat up the whole set. Since the lens is already ready, so I went to fetch Violet then park my car at roadside to do quick collection. Tested and verified the lens before I go and I'm very happy with the condition and performance of this lens. I'm sure tomorrow will be a good day to test drive it because I will visit Zoo tomorrow. With the long zoom lens, I should be able to take close up photos with the animal. In addition, Kai Meng never been there before :(

Length at 70mm
Length at 300mm
300mm with hood
Rear view
After that, we went to KLCC for some CNY shopping for kids and go for a nice dinner at our favourite restauant, The Ship at Jln Bkt Bintang. Also Shireen will buy us the dinner as she just received her bonus. Another nice and easy day for me ;)

No comments: