Search This Blog

Friday 21 January 2011

Bila, Alib, Labi, Ibla ... B.A.L.I

This morning, I've to wake up a bit earlier as I need to pack up for my team building at Bali, finally I got to go there after years of listening to my friends how nice it was. Since it's just 4D3N trip so I just bring few pieces of clothes as Friday is basically traveling to there, settle down, supper then sleep because the we departed at 8:50pm and arrive at 11:20pm.

It was a pack flight to Bali and so happen I was sitting next to China's Chinese. They were really rude and inconsiderate because he act as if rascal and no one will dare to against them. They talk to loud, keep trying their luck to move their seat to Hot Seat without informing the crew and don't even want to pay for that. As they have no choice but to sit at their original seating, they keep cursing and scold out loud so weird and why can't they sit there together, why need to pay, blah blah blah ... Not sure if I'm luckily or not.

Peep thru the seat :)
After 2.5 hours flight, I finally reach their airport and to my surprise, it was quite old and run down. I was imagining at least something like LCCT but it's worst than Subang Old Airport Terminal 1. So class wood and dark. When going through immigration, there were few lanes dedicated to foreigner and Indonesian and guess what? Almost no one follow the rule and keep things went messy as foreigner still Q at Indonesian lane as it was shorter Q. It was so unfair to other passengers like me that being obedient and follow the rules! Anyway, I told myself Welcome to Bali.

By the time we got out from airport, it almost 12am and straight we went to our hotel near Legian, Kuta. It was quite smooth traffic but when close to Legian, it was damn jam and almost not moving. Along the way, I finally saw the spot where it was bombed at year 2002. It was a very popular pub filled with westerners especially Australian but too bad as some Abu Sayaf suicide bombers convert them into an empty land used as car park. Right opposite, there was a remembrance square for those who had lost their lives. I think we spent about 40 mins from the main junction to our hotel but after arriving at hotel, it was just few hundred metres away from that junction! Wow, it was so wasting time and I'm sure walk will just take 5 mins. Some car was slowing down to talk with road siders, some trying to flirt around and some car even stop for no reason.

Forget it, after I've checked in, quickly take shower then go out to the junction have a cup of instant noodle then back to room for rest. This place give me the same feelings like when I was at Vietnam but here they are pretty much focus at Westerners. Oriental or other Asian tourists seems not that in focus, typical Asian attitude.

Spacious nya ...
Look cozy too

No comments: