Search This Blog

Saturday 1 January 2011

So long 2010, Hello 2011 !

Clock just strike 12am and I've just reach Woodlands. My train was stopped near Bukit Timah for some traffic diversion. So instead of celebrating it in the train now I have to do it in the checkpoint. New and special experience eh? I can hear some firecracker sound but no visibility because there isn't any window there. Not too bad because at least there are were hundred of people celebrating with me and accompany by some firecracker sound ;)

After got back into the train, continue with my movie via laptop then sleep. This round, my deck seems like old folk home because there were so many senior people and they were so talkative and noisy. Luckily they slept before I finish my movie otherwise I might condemn the whole night again.

About 7:30am, the train reached KL Sentral and not too late indeed. Went to get my train ticket then home for some rest first because the kids were still sleeping and Shireen need to help my in law to make some biscuit. About 11am, I went down to Pudu and company the kids while awaiting Shireen to get ready to move. We will have brunch with dad (last minute invitation again) at Brem Park. This is a new location and thanks to my dad's poor interpretation and direction so I have to search for few rounds then found the restaurant. The food just so so but not cheap too, from RM4.80 onwards. I still prefer Min Max still ;)

After the brunch, went to change my SGD to RM and bank into M2U for my monthly expenses then back to Pudu to pack up and go home. While we were at Pudu, decided to do some survey at DigitalsMania in Pudu Plaza for the lens and battery grip. It seems they didn't stock up and I've to get them to order. the lens cost is much cheaper than SG and almost different by RM100. Luckily I didn't buy it in SG yesterday.

To my surprise, they don't need any downpayment/booking fee for the lens. According to the boss, Tony, this isn't first time and lesson learnt from their past experience. They have encounter a case whereby his very regular customer booked the lens and still wanna pay full selling price as deposit but because of his supplier having some stock issue, he can only deliver the lens to the customer after 2 weeks. Of course that customer wasn't happy and went to online/facebook to defame the shop.

So now, they rather not to accept anything but still to order the lens. They prefer customers didn't turn up to collect it rather than disappoint them. As this isn't my first deal with them, I've decided to pay in full and collect on following weekend ... since I'm not that hurry too.

Once I got back home, decided to install the battery grip for my camera and it look much professional now ;)
Too bad because Nikon doesn't produce a original one for D5000 therefore I have to get it from third party brand. If I can get my lens today, I'm sure it will be totally new look and more professional outfit for my medium range camera :p

The standard camera unit

Battery grip with 2 batteries compartment and 2nd shutter button (useful for potrait shooting)
Where the 'juice' is ... like M16's magazine eh?
Battery grip installed, front view
Battery grip installed, rear view
It's ok ... I'm not that professional either but at least I don't have to be shy when I go to take some performance/fashion event in the future ;)

No comments: