Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 February 2011

1 to 1 Call

Finally, I manage to have 1 to 1 call with my manager in US. I thought we would have a long discussion and setting some target or KPI but unfortunately, it's just another casual chat and indirect way to announce my new direction within the team this year. Was given a chance to take up some courses but only next year because they don't have any budget this year. So it's meaningless to me because I'm not sure if I'm still around by then.

From the discussion, he said I'm performing good and being recognised in the team and wanted to assign me to lead/manage a team and diversify my SAP focus from Security and Authorization become User Administration be it within or outside SAP. In overview, this seems something new and different as I might not need to touch technical stuffs as much as before and focus on managing people, something what I did back in Novartis but in reality, this isn't what I want.

I know I won't be long here so I prefer to do something don't need to use so much brain or focus. Just sit at corner, not noticing by anyone, complete my job and get pay cheque then leave. I'm tired being 'someone' when you don't get extra pay, less recognition but doing those dirty job. I have already given the feedback that he need and I'm now just waiting for the final answer, or announcement. Otherwise, I'll just assume everything still running like normal.

Going lunch alone today, as usual and wanted to get something soupy due to the nice sleeping weather and suddenly the prawn noodle hit my mind. I miss the soup and prawn powder and this round, I'm getting a big bowl which cost me S$5. See the soup before and after I put the prawn powder. It's so 'kow' until I almost finish the last drop :)

Before I added the prawn powder
Due to my lousy camera, hardly see the difference but it's much thicker by now :)

No comments: