Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Finally, half working day, long vacation & CNY

Today, would (most probably) be my last time to enjoy half day off from the company due to main festive holiday. In general, the next half day entitlement will be coming Christmas, which is about another 10 months but not sure if I can last that long in SG. Once I reach office this morning, I was given a stack of tickets for our company special sale day just right below our office in 2HR. Not sure if it's similar like in the movie "Devil wears Prada" ;)


After follow up on few tickets, email and weekly report to my manager, I went off and quickly heading to Harbour Front to catch my 'Aeroline' back to KL. While waiting for the bus, went to try out McD's new release, Double Happiness Fillet-O-Fish which cost at S$7.50. Nothing much special just that you have 2 fillets but quite filling.


About 1:45pm, it's time to catch the bus but I'm having some issue this round. There were 2 Aeroline buses and I'm not sure which is the correct one. Both also no driver there and I couldn't ask anyone there and it's already 1:50pm. I wonder why most of M'sian companies have these kind of working attitude (most probably operated by those so called "Earth Prince" who want to initiate professional but end up with crappy service). They should beat least ready in the bus 10-15 mins before the departure time to ensure all passengers manage to get in, deposit their luggage and depart on time. Also in this case, they can just put a sign or even some sticker at the bus to tell customers which bus is heading to KL rather than confusing them and let them waiting anxiously.

About 2:10pm, the bus finally depart and the traffic is very good and smooth today where it just take 20 mins to pass 2 checkpoints and reach KL around 7pm (my last experience was 7:40pm). The lunch served today seems ok because it's pandan/santan flavoured rice with fried egg and fish cake. I would say the best meal so far.


When I get into a taxi home, I was surprised to see it's a Pakistani driver and seems know the roads in KL. It seems the taxi profession have been 'open' to foreigner now and this makes me feel uncomfortable. Not bias but afraid of some bad apples. While driving home, he's not quite sure which road to take and wanted to drive via Ampang but I've stopped him because it's long winded, highway and will be very jam. So I've take charge of the direction and ordered him to use 'my way' instead. I can't imagine what if a tourist get into this taxi ... I'm sure you can imagine that.

About 8:30pm, I've settled down and went to fetch Shireen then to my dad's place for steamboat. My kids were already with him since morning and not sure if they are very hungry because by the time I reach there, it should be about 9pm. The steamboat dishes were a bit too much because our family and my father side also small eaters. I feel bad for unable to finish all but at least we have some quality time having dinner together (actually this is my first reunion dinner with only my father side). Left about 11:30pm because we were so tired and need to do some CNY preparation when home later.

This year, as usual, hardly see/heard any fire crackers or fireworks, unlike my childhood days :( Hopefully our CNY tradition/custom will be able to preserve for generations unlike other countries which treat CNY just like a small holiday (some even no holiday).

No comments: