Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Are we still living at Pre-Historic?


After some good food yesterday, guess it's time to quickly plan and complete the high urgent matters as our project now has moved to Dress Rehearsal, some sort like final preparation before the User Acceptance Test (UAT).

So far, communication from Global is very minimal, as always and I will have to always prepare for late surprise. Whenever issue strike, APAC will be the first one who gets it … which it me, myself, alone, RAMBO!

Also, from user administration part is handing over to me due to Sofia from UK is leaving and the process is purely manual and not user friendly at all. I wonder how they can stick with this for years without much improvement. Are they purposely to make this process so complicated so that they can still keep their job until they resign? Don’t talk about users but even when I take a look at it, I gave up. One form for Non-Production, another for Production and one more for Restricted Production. Majority of the fields were identical and I wonder why they can’t merge it in, or either use a web based form which isn’t that difficult at all. It’s paperless environment where all approvers can approve it electronically, unlike now … print, fax, scan, sign, fax, email!

No comments: