Search This Blog

Friday 11 February 2011

Rushing against time

Today receive an email from US team for some preparation for pre-go live testing (Dress Rehearsal) and found quite a number of tasks being assigned. I should have expected this because we have 2 team members resigned recently. Tried to make a meeting with my US manager for some clarification and always said “no prob, I will call you”, “relax, we can go thru it” and so much more commitment but end up nothing. I have tried to respect his time before calling due to our time zone difference but seem I have to call straight. I will have to do this next week because I need to clarify my tasks assigned for this DR preparation otherwise I will be blame for not carrying the tasks accordingly.

At the morning, I have already asked my lunch gang for lunch and they agreed but when comes to lunch time, no one answer me … maybe they have went for EL’s warehouse sales at ground floor. So I better go myself. Will try to rush all my work and leave by 5:45pm because I will have to catch bus going back to KL. Yes, I can meet my family again.

Things seems won’t as plan because I was stuck with an issue and only able to leave office about 6pm. It was heavy rain then so I really have to rush like hell otherwise I would miss the bus. Also, I will have to go to Harbour Front Mall to check in and issue my bus ticket first.


Luckily I manage to catch the bus at 6:20pm and finally can relax myself and mood to go home. During the journey, they offered Chicken Rice Shop as dinner and this will be the first and only good meal I had so far :p
Bus arrived at Chorus Hotel around 11:30pm and I can only reach home around 12:10am, after fetching my family at Pudu as well. I was so unhappy because it only exceeded 10 mins but the taxi driver surcharge me the total amount with 50%. I thought they will leverage it but it’s not the case. Next time, I should ask the driver to settle the fare at Pudu  and start a new calculation from Pudu. Should be cheaper :)

No comments: