Search This Blog

Sunday 6 February 2011

Back to reality ... after CNY

Though it's still Day 4 of CNY but to me, it's already over. Before I'm leaving, I wish to make them a good breakfast ... at least that's the least I can do for now. I purpose went to Carrefour's non-halal section on last night to purchase the good quality of pork sausage and ham, rather than those convention halal stuffs found over the shelf. It's quite pricey but once a while is worth it.

It might look like simple western breakfast but it need not only the ingredient but care and love, in hope they will like it and the satisfactory feedback from their expression. Even at those days when I was still at KL, I'm very much happy to cook for them and for now, the feeling grew stronger. Also today, I'm making a new style of fried egg (not omelet, convention fried, stir fried, sunny side ... not all these) where I ate this more than 20 years ago at a local western food stall in Pudu and ever since, I can't find anything similar.


Cooking method is simple but will require lot of cooking oil. Basically you will need to use low heat to keep the oil warm, not too high as it will turn into fried egg. Just a little more than warm and ensure the oil level manage to cover the whole egg will do the trick (another word, slow cooking). Slowly you will see the egg white forming up and egg yolk slowly become 'medium rare' :). If you like it 'medium rare' like I do, then it's ready to serve otherwise you can continue to let it well done. It might look oily but when you serve it on the plate, the egg white is so smooth and solid while the egg yolk dripping out like choc brownies but in golden colour ... yummy. Too bad I didn't manage to snap a photo because everyone were hungry and I need to rush and prepare to go back to SG.

About 3:15pm, we went to take taxi and as usual I dropped them at Pudu then straight to Citibank at Jalan Ampang to meet up my 'driver'. Reach there about 3:59pm but as expected, he was late and only arrive around 4:20pm. So our journey to the south begin around 4:35pm. Even when we reach Sg Besi toll, it was jam like mad and I've already sensed something bad awaiting right in front of us. After the toll, we were able to drive quite smooth but right after Nilai, the jam started ... on and off along the highway especially near every highway exits. To comfort myself better, I will look to the opposite direction where the jam is much more worst. I know it's bad but that's the only thing that I can do.

About 8pm, we were so tired and hungry so we stop by R&R near Melaka and recharge ourselves. Went to try out their Nasi Lemak and look so so only. It cost me RM5.50 because I added a 'crispy fried chicken'. As soon as I had my first bite, it was so nice as the rice has a strong santan taste, sambal is sweet and hot and the chicken is really crispy. The only set back was the rice and dish were cold otherwise it will be very nice, not sure if I was hungry at that moment :p


About half an hour later, we resume our journey and the road condition still very bad. During the journey, I keep playing movie, psp, iPod and FB but can't really focus and I ended up listening to ghost channel via my BB and sleep. Finally, about 11:20pm, we finally reach JB checkpoint and all of us were already half dead. My colleague wanted to send me home but I insist to take MRT because poor him to drive for so long and the MRT still operating but I'm afraid I might not be able to catch the last MRT home. About 11:35pm, he dropped me at Khatib station and l quickly rush for the train. If it's just 1 or 2 MRT lines, then I will be fine because I need to take 3 lines, so it's a bit risky too.

With luck, I manage to reach home about 12:15am and feel so tired and hungry. Anyhow, I cleaned my study table and setup my new laptop and it really give me a better view and functionality compare to the loan laptop which I had sometime earlier. So I made myself supper while enjoying my new toy ;)



Before I went to sleep, I feel so lonely ... also home sick because I really feel to give up in SG. I keep forcing and hypnotising myself to struggle for few more weeks and hopefully I can control my feelings ... hopefully I can overcome it, soon ...

No comments: