Search This Blog

Thursday 24 February 2011

Is economy that bad nowadays?

After having a not-so-full lunch (I had pork rub prawn noodle, S$5 size some more), my lunch buddy decided to go for some dessert to avoid stomach concert around tea break. Our dessert place is just few shops next to the prawn noodle (forgot the name). We ordered some toast bread and some hot beverages and when the bread arrived, I was totally shocked and amused with ... guess what?!?!



OMG, it's basically 1 slice of bread, further cut into 2 layers and cut into 2 pcs in triangle shape. The butter and kaya is barely can be seen and this cost S$1.20 per pc! WTF, are they gone crazy? One of my lunch members said this is the 2nd shop that he encounter similar kiasu style but yet expensive (also taste sux). That moment, I felt SG is having serious financial crisis :p

The coffee shop opposite my office just sell S$2.50 set with 2 pcs of toast, 2 half boil egg and hot drink! We swear that this will be the first and last time we visit this shop and hopefully this will be the last shop around our lunch area :(

After work, went for dinner then movie as it's been a while since my last movie. Had Pontian Wanton Noodle as dinner, it's a set selling at S$4.80 with Pontian noodle and red bean dessert (the extra fried wanton is extra order). Taste not bad and not too pricey, in a shopping mall. Went to watch "I am Number 4" and find it not bad. The story line is easily can be guess but some of the details like actor's super power, the villains, etc were something new, not too commercial :)

No comments: