Search This Blog

Thursday 3 March 2011

When things not working out as expected

Today my SAP team is organising another get together gathering at pantry during tea break. Last round they have organised ice-cream and this round will be pop-corn. Before the event started, the whole office smell so pop-corn, as if I'm buying pop-corn at cinema :) It's not a big pack but just nice for a short tea break ...



Few days ago, I received few positives enquiry from headhunters and corporate. Their requirement seems not too tough and they looks positive to me. I was so happy that I can finally return back to where I came and I can let go my work pressure and plan how and when should I return. Maybe the package can't compete with SG but if it's average market value, I think I might still take it.

Today, some of them came back to me and said my expected is over their budget. To me, I think they were looking for junior consultant, some looking for senior but junior price, etc ... which makes really disappointed and seems MY market is getting worst now. Now is the peak period for people to move around but yet I only get this. I even have a ex-colleague contacted me because he is currently working for that company and telling me his boss is very keen to me. Somehow, his boss also fishing for senior role with junior pay due to budget issue. I really disappointed and feel like giving us myself.

These few days I was thinking happily that I can finally do something more challenging and value for my career path, no need to do all those tedious, unmanaged procedure and crappy left over tasks from US but it's all vanish into thin air by now. If I take junior package, why bother to go back as it's more than 50% cut with what I have in SG. Actually I consider stupid and sacrifice to go back too because my bonus will be out in another few months and accumulated AWS by Dec this year.

Just because of a word, FAMILY, I sacrifice all these but in return, so many tough decision and hard path need to struggle through. Today I'm really moody and feel like giving up on my self. I know it's bad and negative but I have no one to talk or share with, also can't find anyone to give me good advices.

So after work, decided to watch some movie alone. For the timing that I wanted, only few choices left so I've picked a animation movie, Gnome and Juliet. It's a funny and love movie which really cheer me up a little and I would say worth the penny.


Before the movie start, I went to grab a dinner and slightly indecisive on what to eat. Since I saw there's a abnormally long queue at a Indonesian stall, Chinese some more, so I started being kiasu like S'porean to join the Q. Most of the customers took the Ayam Panggang and so do I :)



Generally is ok and price is average. I like their hot curry poured on the rice itself ... yummy

No comments: