Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 March 2011

One way communication and sometimes even no reply!

Being place a APAC regional person for the team, struggle alone, other team trying to find ways to cover their ass while trying to play around the bushes and I need to know how to intercept them otherwise I will be blame ... again. Some even not directly under my responsibilities but as long as it's touches and slightly relevant, it will dump to me. If I take it up, the US team will challenge, why, blah blah blah ... but if I don't, then the regional team will complaint not helpful and they when bring up to global level ... most of the DON'Ts will some turn to DOs and the rest will need me to to 'help' and do case study.

During the night TC, if I don't have updates ... they gave me an impression that I'm free and not much contribution. But nowadays, I brought up quite a bit of feedback/updates but now the impression is I've so many issues, why don't you resolve it?, those are not your responsibilities, etc. When I ask them questions or seek help, they will said will email me, or call me or even come back to me but most of the cases is NONE! Yes, NONE! So I will have to 'pandai-pandai' and try to work around or even try to do something positive to convince my APAC users and regional team.

Directive from them and they always said no worries, it's not first time for us, we have so much experience, blah blah blah but still? No formal meeting or discussion about project timeline, always late surprises and even they come up with a timeline but sometimes not accurate and regional team like UK and APAC will not know about this. Sometimes UK might know due to time zone issue but APAC?! Totally opposite of the world. It's like you throw a stone into the sea ... at least you can still hear 'dum' sound when the stone hit the water surface but this is totally NOTHING!

I think I need to draw a line here ... if they don't come back to me, I will just act based on my gut feelings. All tasks given to me, I will just try to complete as much as I could and sometimes purposely to delay and make some mistakes. I guess, my next strategy will start to say NO to them, especially those try to take advantage of me.

Why my luck be always like this ... or I really have working attitude problem?

No comments: