Search This Blog

Sunday 13 March 2011

Family Genting Trip - Day 1

The day has arrived, my long waited family trip ... to Genting Highlands (nearest and kids favourites location). Started the journey around 9am, went for breakfast at McD near Wangsa Maju and reach Genting around 11am. Since I can only check in around 2pm so we've decided to play at Theme Park then went down to Awana to check in around 3pm.

As expected, the Q is soooo long and terrible. Instead of locals and S'porean, there a lot of other tourists from India, Japan, Korea and middle east too. Just to play a game will need to wait at least 20 - 40 mins, crazy but we have no choice.

Manage to bring Kai Meng to have his first roller coaster ride :) Just to train him up, I started off with the smaller ride with him (not that Cork Screw) because he's still small and afraid he can't take it. In order to not give him pressure, I keep talking jokes with him and make this ride will be very interesting and funny. When we're on board, I keep talking to him just to distract him and not allowing him to have time to scare himself and thinking too much. The cart started, climbing up the slope and before it went down to the first and highest curve, I hold him so tight and asked him to shout if scare.

Once it went down, I quickly look at him and I saw he's scared and almost burst to tears but I keep asking him to shout and talk something positive to him like "you're so brave", "the curve is over, next time you will not scare" and so forth. After the 2nd/3rd curve, he's ok and getting better. When the ride almost finish, he started to laugh and enjoy ride. Oh man, it really give me a mixed feelings about him. I know he's scared but just act nothing and brave ... kids ;)

No comments: