Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 March 2011

New week, new hope!

Train was punctual this time, manage to reach office around 8:30am. Since I have had discussion with US team and HR, it seems my mood and work motivation increased. I started to feel less worries as my manager seems realised my problem and started to appreciate the emails/work that I've contributed to the team. I hope this kind of changes will either become better or at least remain as it is.

I heard the 7th floor conference room is installing a smart board, something like iPad for whiteboard. It's a cool technology which I've heard for ages and now I can finally try it for myself.


It suppose to be ready after lunch but that's not the case, so I have to give for this round because I still have lot of things to catch, since I only work half day yesterday. I would say it was a very productive day for me, not only I clear all of my emails and urgent tasks but I also manage to clear 50% of the production tickets, apart from my project work. I guess this is normal when you feel free and with hope.

Towards the end of the day, as usual I attended the night TC with 5 updates. During the call, I update them the status for APAC, point by point and raise my concern and question but the feedback that I've got looks like revert back to original. I felt I was talking too much and some of the points just went in and out from their ears. When I asked the question that hindered me from my daily work, they said will get back to me, email by tonight and gave me a lot of crappy explanation that sound like I'm too helpful and concern too much about administrative tasks.

Instead of giving them 5 points, I only gave 3 and that's it ... I closed my updates. I have tried my best to help the  general questions from the team, even I'm not quite sure and struggle myself over APAC issues when the US team can't get back to me on time. Some of the members hardly read or reply email, reason being they have too many things on their plate. Come on, everyone also busy and I can understand if you take a day or two to reply but they only reply 2 out of 5! I don't mind if they answer 3 or 4 but at least try your best to back me up as I'm alone in APAC.

It's ok, today at least I did my job well and done whatever I could. Let's try tomorrow with another new hope!

No comments: