Search This Blog

Sunday 20 March 2011

Flooding Sunday

Had brunch with dad and uncle at MinMax and when we're about to leave, Kai Meng wanted to visit my uncle's place because he likes to play with his cousin. Since he seldom request so I allowed him (though I prefer him to stay with me because I will be leaving soon). Since Shireen need to compensate the Coffee Bean treat to Violet, so I brought them to the branch near Ampang Point. It was so cozy, less people and nice tea break with the family. We had laugh and numerous chat, partly because Kai Meng wasn't around to bug us or fight with sister :)

After a while, it was raining and the environment become more breeze and really wanted to sleep there but it was running late as it's already 4pm. I need to be home so that they can start packing up and get ready to go back Pudu later. Also Kai Meng should be coming back home soon so better be home before my uncle arrive.

While driving, the rain become more heavy and the visibility start to degrade. Walk passed some flyover and saw massive jam all around towns, some car broke down due to water level too high and some of the main road were closed by mother nature, forcing everyone to detour every possible way in town. At that moment, I suddenly think and imagine what if KL suffer the same disaster like Japan? I guess not only the town will be sweep away by sea water but the poor (corrupted) 'gawenmen' will not be able to sustain economy damage caused by similar disaster. They might end up try alternate way to dig peasants' pocket in order to cover their colonials interest.

Luckily I manage to drive home within half an hour, passing through small roads and shortcuts in town. Better get some rest and hopefully tonight's train will be punctual and a smooth one :)

No comments: