Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Better tomorrow?

Ok, take a deep breath ... today is the 2nd day and let's keep up the momentum and don't let it fall. Once fall, then it will be tough. This is what I keep thinking in my mind throughout first half of the day. Tried my best to share ideas and brief some background for some tickets and also to follow up with business about user request process after Go Live. In fact, I don't have to do this because the US team should make a formal communication to all regions but I don't see anything so far and it's about to Go Live.

Since this is going to be my problem during Go Live (as people will say no communication, you also didn't explain to us, blah blah blah), so I took the initiative to create a SharePoint folder to keep track the requests and let everyone update in the central repository rather than sending tonnes of emails and few version of request which end up with confusion or version conflict.

About lunch, lunch out with my 'sister' and colleague from KL ... McD it seems :)
Without any hesitation, I agreed and join them because I never had McD for lunch since I'm here in SG. I tried their Big Mac set and with McShaker as well ... I've got the Honey Chipotle flavour. Taste like BBQ but with Honey... still ok la. Whole set with upsize only cost S$5.50. Duan bought Happy Meal (yes, adult taking kids meal) because she want to control her diet and gave me the toy as she knew I have kids. So kind of her ...




Had a nice long chat with them and that really comfort me a bit (release some work tension). When back to office, new issues/surprises awaits for me and again I need to try my best to settle that myself. I need to make some changes to the system but it was great to know that I still don't have the access to do so!!!! I already brought this up so many times and the Go Live is near. How can you support without having the access? Some more I'm the person who govern the access into the system ... what a joke! Can't they use their brain to think? Now is cutover period and all fixes, access request will be done in Production. If someone hit serious issue in the morning and I don't have access, then the US/UK team still sleeping ... then how?!?!?!? Luckily I have some different approach to settle it but some still stuck up due to insufficient access. To US team, it's good to be stringent but how about me at APAC? When I have problem, who will wake up in the night or mid-night to help me?

That's not all, the manager actually called off today TC at 7:30pm because we will have another session at 8pm. But since 8pm meeting is more to hypercare discussion, I purposely call him to get advise on some APAC issue, with hope. Once I explain to him, his mouth said yes, I will help you, blah blah blah but from his heart, I can sense "why you bring out now? talk during later meeting la. also be quick as I'm in rush". Maybe I'm over sensitive then I hang up and attend the 2nd meeting at 8pm. During the call, they were discussing about support/task during Go Live. Again, I brought up few questions which potentially or already asked by APAC users.

And again, they gave me a whole bunch of crappy excuses and say I took up too much responsibilities and should follow procedures, blah x 3 until I really fed up and just say Yes or keep quiet after that. Why do they have to be so silo? Can't they open their ears and try to understand from customer or APAC perspective? Are they trying to do something just to get it over Go Live and whatever issues settle later? I keep asking ig we will have formal communication, related information, etc and they always will said yes but later nothing. I even notice there were a nomination of Point of Contact for hypercare and I WASN'T IN THE LOOP!!!! Then when they tai chi to me, then only I know I was dragged into the toilet bowl. Tomorrow I will have to clarify with them and keep myself out of this sh*t.

The manager already knew some of my problems but he act stupid during the call, which really disappointed me and I really felt demotivated and feel to give up. I guess I will not stay after June if they keep doing this and no sign of improvement. Because of I respect the meeting, I stay at office until 9:40pm but end up with crappy answers. I throw my question to the floor and end up I'm the one need to follow up and everyone is so busy. While I'm writing this, I really hate to recall the whole thing again but I have no choice but to do so because I want to note it here and sometime, someday I will re-visit this page again as reference or memoir.

While I was walking home, I really feel to buy back KFC and eat at room, just like usual ... enjoying my dinner while watching PPS and at the same time Skype with family but ...


This is what I've got and I will never able to have KFC for dinner for sometime ... What a day!

No comments: