Search This Blog

Sunday 6 March 2011

StarMart Day … First experience

I suppose to take train back to SG today but due to my deteriorating memory, I have to learned the lesson by buying alternate transport back … which is BUS (of course not by flight). Wanted to take Aeroline but the station has moved from Hotel Corus to TBS (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan) – a new centralize transportation hub, which similar to Pudu Raya in those days. It’s located very near my house, Tasik Selatan and I think by cab maybe RM5 max? Anyhow I will still need to go Pudu first because to drop off my family so I still prefer to check in at town area.

About 3pm, I have started to go Pudu because I need to allocate some buffer for me as this is my first experience and need to ensure everything is in order. Not sure how ‘good’ would this be as it’s cheaper than Aeroline. I hope this will be as good as Aeroline because it’s cheaper and more convenient to me.
I reached Times Square around 4pm and found their ticket counter is just right below the overhead bridge to Hotel Melia. That booth only has 2 attendants and there were so many people were in the queue. That’s for sure because whoever booked online, collection and new walks in customer also in same line. This is truly M’sian style again. Most of the customers are behave and ethical but some just being inconsiderate and just cut/jump the Q.


After waited for 20 mins, I finally collected my ticket and notice the attendant actually swap my seat without my notice, damn it. Since I have 10 mins left, better go to toilet and buy something to munch later because this coach doesn’t provide meal. Too bad, most of the food counter are packed with people so I just manage go to toilet then quickly rush back to bus.




Once got into the bus, another drama thing happen where most passengers were so confused with their seating. Some got same seat number and end up knowing one of them took the wrong bus no. Can’t really blame that person because there is no indicator at the bus station at all. After the attendant issue the ticket, she just point to the bus and get in there. Also when you get into the bus, there is no one to help you to verify or guide your seat, another disappointment. Like my case, I've booked no. 7 but they cut it and replace with no. 5. Finally, I only realised I was being put to seat no. 15!! See my ticket above then you will know why.

Luckily they still give a small bottle of mineral water for free. Before the bus depart at 4:45pm (yes, delayed for 15 mins), the counter became more rush and pack with people because some of them still couldn’t get their ticket for 4:30pm bus. This is really shame and sucks for M’sian operator. I can understand if this is cheap rate bus but this is double decker coach which charging RM78 per pax!!! Not only they don't have meal and hot drinks but no arm table and power plug for mobile devices!!

Due to different operator, I manage to see the KL view from different route. They passed by Dewan Bahasa, Sg Besi and Chan Sow Lin, which really reminds me of those days and best thing is I never see them from high spot ;)


While almost reach Sg Besi Toll, the coach suddenly detour to Tasik Selatan and most of the passengers started to panic and some stretch up their head to see what happen. Come on, why you guys so panic as if they are going to bring them to remote place and kill/rob them? My guess is correct as they are passing by TBS for another pick up. That’s not that because after TBS, they went back to Sg Besi Toll and stop by at petrol station to pump fuel?!??! Come on, what kind of company is this? I’m a bit hungry and wanted to buy the McD near the petrol but for the sake of not delaying the trip, I rather wait. The coach resume it’s path to Sg Besi toll at 5:30pm, wasted approximately 1 hour of my precious time. Hopefully they will stop by Machap or other big R&R for dinner. Meanwhile will try to drink some water to keep my stomach not empty :(




Shit, hours passed and the bus went passed all big R&R and finally went into Yong Peng R&R at 7:30pm, which only have toilets and one mobile stalls were there. Great and guess I can only have dinner once I reach SG, or even home … Sigh

About 9pm, I finally reach the immigration checkpoint and so lucky today is quite peaceful and quiet so I manage to pass thru within 30 mins. Again, the bus drive a new route as it's going to alight at Golden Mile, not Harbour Front. So I get the chance to see the view around SG, pass thru Bugis, Marina Sands, Esplanade, etc. After alight I have to depend on my GoogleMap to find transport home. It gave me a choice to take bus and transit to MRT but I find it so 'mah fan' then I just walk 10 mins to Nicoll Highway MRT then to Serangoon finally to Hougang. Still need transit but I took train and timing wise more in control.


When I reach HG, I was so hungry ... no, it should be starving that I quickly went to buy KFC then rush back home. Wanted to take shower but was sweating so went to Skype with family for a while, have my dinner then only shower ... that's already 1am ... sigh

No comments: