Search This Blog

Saturday 5 March 2011

Opps... 'terbeli' G27 :p

This morning after settled down from KL Sentral, I suppose to go MVM to exchange money and do some window shopping but when I reach there around 10:40am, it was so pack and hardly can find parking. After 10 mins of treasure hunting around ... finally got one and I was wonder what happen.

While walking in the mall, I saw the banner saying today they will have some sort like PC Fair and I wonder what they have there. Once I reach the exhibition hall, it was like a huge PC Fair and so many thing selling at very attractive price. So happen I found the Logitech's booth and curiously went to check for their GT wheel as I was tempted to get one ... thanks to the GT5 loan by my buddy last week. Actually I do have one at home, China made and was hoping it is compatible with PS3 but unfortunately it's not.

My aim is to get the GT Pro but it was sold out at Day 1, some more with discount off RM100 (WTF I think to myself). After checking the nearest model and availability, they only left 1 pc of G27 which is the highest model and most realistic simulation wheel. I did read some article about this model and known it's feature but the price doubled the GT Force. Another thing to convince myself is GT Pro only come with 1 year warranty, mostly plastic made but G27 is with full 2 years warranty ... one to one swap :p
After few thoughts and hesitation ... I have 'terbeli' it :p

I know I shouldn't spend that money but somehow I just couldn't stop it ... damn, I think I'm getting some serious discipline with me. More over, I'm actually plan coming back to KL soon and I should have try to save as much money that I could. I think I better bite myself and swear not to spend money on pricey stuffs before I came back :(

OK, confession part over ... now enjoying session :)
From the box, it look so cool already ... after unboxing it, OMG ... it was so real as the steering is leathered, stainless pedal and real life gear box shifting method.



As you can see the steering below, it's fully leathered with 6 programmable buttons and 2 shift pedals right behind the wheel. Just like those feature come with sport cars. It has force feedback feature which using internal motor to give you some resistance while you were steering it at rough or off road, even in cornering as well. Once you power up the PS/3 and started the game, it will perform its self calibration where it will turn itself to the left most then right most and finally back to center, cool ...


Like I said earlier, the gear box is so real and even the gear shift method is exactly as the real life car. With built-in mini keypad for game's navigation use and additional 4 programmable buttons ... nice


Last but not least, the final part of the whole thingy ... the clutch, brake and gas pedals. Yes, you heard me .. the CLUTCH! This is the only wheel that I know with clutch. The pedal is stainless steel, sport car alike and even the traction and pressure of the pedal is so real!


That's the brief intro about each part and following will be the final setup. Yes, I have to sacrifice my LCD and move it to my dining table as the grip can't fit my coffee table :(
Anyhow, it seems better to play in this setup as I can keep my back straight, closer and better view of the cockpit and of course ... the closest of real life setup, hehe


Once fully setup, the first one who test drive it were my kids ... damn, I should have set it up when they are not around. Anyway, the whole family is enjoying that because they can try to drive in simulation mode which give you the most real life experience.




No comments: