Search This Blog

Sunday 22 May 2011

Good morning Sydney!

My flight supposed to arrive around 10:45am but already collected my luggage around 10:15am. Since I need to wait for my aunt to pick me up then no choice but to stay put at bench at the arrival hall. Glad to found some free WiFi so at least I can still contact my family and update some FB’s status ;)

Close to 11am, my aunt finally arrived and we went straight to the carpark because there is a grace period of 15 mins in order to get free parking which I totally agreed on that. It was nice to see her again after so many years we never meet in person. The only time we meet will be during CNY when we do netmeeting. Chauvin still the same for me because I just met him early this year :)

First stop, to her house because the kids still asleep due to late night clubbing. Had a long chat with my aunt while awaiting the kids to dress up and head for lunch somewhere near her place. Maybe that area has so many Chinese and they mainly speak in Cantonese so I don’t feel any difference and easily blend into their cultures.

After that, my aunt fetch her daughter to work somewhere nearby my hotel so I took the chance to check in as well because she will bring me to few nice spots for photography. So kind of her and luckily Chauvin also join me taking photos as well.

Lobby of my hotel, Westin Sydney
In short, we went to Bondi Beach where I find it very nice, peaceful and relaxing because you can see lot of people swimming, surfing, skating, cycling or even picnicking along the beach. They really know how to utilize their family activities during weekend. Then we did a quick tour to Watsons Beach, somewhere around there and manage to see the nice cliff side landscape which gave me familiar feelings when I was in Bali. There is also a old light tower along the coast and too bad I couldn’t take some photos as I was in the car during that time.

Before going for dinner, my aunt brought me to the last spot, Torch Spot, where it has a very nice view where you can see Opera House and Sydney Bridge together side by side. She told me that not much people know this spot and normally it’s either they can only take Opera House or Sydney Bridge and not together. I was so amused with the view but too bad I didn’t bring my tripod along so some of the photos were blurry and shaky :(

Finally, we were all starving and decided to try a Japanese restaurant, Wagaya, near China Town. While parking, my aunt shown me the restaurant where she had wedding dinner 15 years ago and I bet it must be a very memorable place for her. Back to the Japanese restaurant, it was spacious and very pack and it does gave me an impression it must own by a China’s Chinese based on their design, staffs and the decorations. It does look a bit like Sakae Sushi where you will use computer to order your food.

Although just 3 of us but I really enjoy the dinner so much and can’t wait to meet them again on Tuesday. While I was walking back to my room, my heart started to feel down and heavy because for coming 2 days, it will be a very hectic one for me and I really feel myself being incapable to handle 2 full days workshop. Hopefully I can learn something out of it … pray for me

No comments: