Search This Blog

Monday 23 May 2011

Day 1- Australia End User Mapping

About 7:30am, my colleague who stays at the hotel around mine, came to fetch me to the office and kinda nervous because the audience we’re talking about this time speak fluent and strong Aussie accent. Don’t know why recently I find my English is rusted so badly until sometimes I just couldn’t make up a proper sentence.

It started with some technical issue (normal thing for day 1) like net meeting not working as expected and waiting for the rest of the participants. Like other normal meeting, ice-breaking and introduction session for all process team. The workshop started a bit slow but later, the team started to get the hang out of it. I would say it’s a very pack agenda and we even couldn’t complete some of the tasks. We were force to adjust tomorrow’s agenda in order to catch up the work. Guess what, lunch also just in office and were given 30 mins !!!

About 6:45pm, we finally called it a day and the local team invited us for a nice dinner at  Sydney Café.  It’s located at the penthouse and the view was so fantastic as it’s right facing the Circular Quay and Sydney Bridge. The dinner finished around 9:30pm and Virginia was kind enough to send me back to hotel. Really appreciate for their hospitality and hopefully I can repay them when they visit SG one fine day.
Since the night still young, I’ve decided to take a walk out again to Opera House, passing thru Circular Quay and the restaurant :)

View from the restaurant
It’s not that far actually, probably 15 mins walk but I enjoy the view along the way. Took some photos along the way as well. My main objective? Opera House for sure. Always wanted to visit here in person and finally manage to do it after 35 years … sound sad? Nah, I fine with that :)
It was a windy and cold night. Luckily I brought my jacket and decided to get something for dinner. As most of the stores closed around 6pm, so just get some cup noodles from 7-11 and enjoy it while watching Discovery channel at room.

No comments: