Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 May 2011

City Tour – Haw Par Villa, Mount Faber and East Coast Park

Very weird today, this is the 1st time I spent my public holiday in SG. I tried to wake up late as today I shouldn’t be rushing to work but still the same old timing. To keep myself busy, I purposely plan a tight schedule today and firstly will have KFC as breakfast. It’s been months since I never had their breakfast and it feel so nice to enjoy your breakfast slowly and reading free newspaper ;)


After that, I went to Haw Par Villa … I could barely remember this place as I went there almost 30 years ago and I was this villa was closed for a period around 90s and reopened few years ago. Surprisingly the transportation isn’t hard and there will be a circular MRT station opening soon. This make visitation to this villa becomes easier. Manage to take some photos and took few spots where I took when I was still small.

Hopefully I can dig up the old chest in my grandparent place and have it scan then compare side by side.
After that, went for lunch at Vivo and have beef ball noodle. It’s Violet and myself favourite noodle but this round I will have to eat myself. It was very packed but still manage to get myself a table ;)

Next stop, Mount Faber where also my first time to take the cable to the hill top near Telok Blangah. In fact this cable car allow you to travel from  Faber Tower -> Mount Faber -> Sentosa -> Faber Tower. It will be very nice at night as there will be lights around the cable car. At the hill top, nothing much there but just a restaurant and lounge. View is just so so and not so windy … maybe that area is just too developed.

Final itinerary for the day, visit to East Coast Park (ECP) for dinner. This place actually is a park along the beach where people spent their weekends, cycling, jogging, etc. Since the crowd is quite high, of course there will be some smart businessman open various kind of restaurants from seafood to fast food including Old Town! It’s not easily accessible by public transport as you will need to take bus until Amber Park then walk along the underpass to cross over to opposite highway where the park lies. It will be good to come with a group of friends, taking some evening photos and have dinner there.

Let’s see where else should I go before going back to KL :)

No comments: