Search This Blog

Saturday 7 May 2011

Father and son moment

Violet has school today, as usual and Shireen is celebrating friend’s birthday party for the whole noon. So left myself and Kai Meng so decided to take it positively where we will have our Father and Son session (again) :)

Before I can ask him what he wants to do for the day, he quickly answered me to go Jusco. Reason? Amusement park and toy for sure. Luckily both of us are talkative type so we had lot of chat and jokes. I do know some of his words were exaggerated a bit but at least he has something to talk to you rather than sitting quietly and look at window. To make him aware, I indirectly told him not to exaggerated and I will still find things interesting even it’s not really interesting as long as it’s fact. This may look not too severe for now but if this keeps within him for years, the result will be unpredictable.

First stop, amusement park where we play race car game together, really side by side. Can you imagine a 7 year old boy and drive with least accident with his dad? OMG, maybe he was well train or inherits my skills :p
I know it’s not good but I can see he is much grown up by now because my conscious still tell me he’s 5 years old and still a small kid. Will not play arcade but those kiddy rides. Seems I don’t want to accept I’m aging and Kai Meng’s childhood days are getting shorter :(

Instead of drinking milk, he drinks Pepsi :p
After the games, we went to toys department and luckily he just want a Spiderman watch and then we were off to home. Just like another weekend with him, we play maze games together, board games, arcade console, computer games, movies and even make him lunch. There was a time where we fool and play around the couch where he stacks up the pillows and try to climb to the top but fail :)

Our maze game while watching cartoon
Stacking pillows
The moment before he fell :D
I just wish and hope that I will have more of this experience before Kai Meng turn into teenager. I have ‘lost’ Violet’s few years ago and things aren’t the same anymore.

About evening, my grandma called me and asking if I’m bringing my mom for western food because she miss that and it’s been a while no one bring her out. Since my mom so desparately for the money so I just give her angpow and brought my grandma for The Ship Restaurant near Jalan Bukit Bintang.

It’s good that she still likes the food and even whack the whole banana split by herself. She even recalled my grandpa had his last meal here before leaving us 12 years ago. I know how she felt … old, penniless, with major sickness, all children hardly around, most of her friends passed away and much more if were to list out. I just advised her to be more open minded, think positively and appreciate life while she’s still having it. I know it’s easy for me to say all these but that’s the fact and I will have this one day.

How about you?

No comments: