Search This Blog

Sunday 29 May 2011

Bangkok, here I come :)

Yawn, that’s the first thing I could remember because I have to force wake up early on a Sunday morning, sigh. It was 7:05am and I have to walk to nearest taxi stand to get a taxi. Not sure if I could get a taxi on Sunday morning otherwise I will need to call one.

It was my luck that a taxi came within 5 mins and that driver was very friendly and we had a nice chat all the way to the airport. Initially wanted have breakfast at McD but the queue was very long and I’m so lazy to wait, plus most of the tables were occupied. So went to change some TH and KR money first as I never has a chance to do so during weekend. I was so happy when I found Toast Box and I always crazy about their soft boil eggs ;)


So had myself a breakfast set then check in thru the immigration. It was a quiet morning because the crowd is very less. Most of the facilities were vacant and I even have the chance to use the foot massage machine by Osim. Manage to relax for 30 mins before boarding the plane while doing my last FB session.

Another breakfast on the plane
Arrived in BKK airport around 12pm and this is the first time I’m not in transit but walk out from their arrival hall. Few years back, I was told all signage was in Thai but luckily now, they have some English words right under the Thai words. With this, I’m able to get thru the airport, found a taxi and arrive in the hotel ‘tanpa was-was’ ;)

While checking into the hotel, I got to know that my manager from US was already there since 10am so decided to go out for some walk with him after settle down my luggage. The only place that I always heard and wanted to go is Cha Tu Chak and so happen there is a MRT station (Lumphini) near my hotel, just 10 mins walk. Also lucky that this line is the same line with Cha Tu Chak station so it took us almost 30 mins, 12 stations to reach there.

A duckie in my bathrub, not funny :(
It was a very huge market where it has outdoor and indoor and their goodies range from  clothing to pet’s stuffs and price seems reasonable but of course bargain skill will be useful here. My manager seems very enjoy at this place and spent all his Thai Baht here, not to mention borrow some money from me. I have to stop him otherwise he will spend more.

Lunch at Cha Tu Chak
After 4 hours of shopping, we finally reach hotel around 5:30pm to get ourselves freshen up because the next stop will be massage. To me, this is a must To Do whenever you’re in Thailand. Since I have no clue where to, went googling and found there is a popular place near my hotel … which is Silom/Pat Phong. It’s just 15 mins walk there and once we were there, OMG, another shopping market and here my boss gone crazy again.

Same thing I have to stop him as he keep buying things and make him go to massage. Since he never try it before, I have proposed him oil massage which cost 500 baht and same goes to me. After the message, both of us were already half dead. Had dinner at a decent nice Thai restaurant, MK, while we were on our way back to hotel.

The food is quite good but slightly overprice but since it’s paid under company, who cares ;) As expected, he discuss about my resignation and our team road map and I also told him that I’m being offered by GIS team and he proposed me to wait for a while because he will discuss with the GM.

Here again I’m in dilemma because GIS boss offer me but position seems not in my favour, SAP boss seems keen to retain me and try to fulfill my criteria but I don’t like their working environment and if were to go back, it’s still unknown but one thing for sure my salary will be cut 40%.

It seems I have not much choice but to take GIS boss offer because it’s a new role, have the flexibility to work in KL/SG and retain my current package. Hopefully, things will be more solid and firm by next week but then again I need to find out what’s the consequences if I turn down GSK when I have signed the letter offer.

No comments: