Search This Blog

Friday 3 June 2011

Day 2 for Korea Workshop – Shopping day!

This morning, we had breakfast nearby our hotel and that shop has a catchy name by Cafe7gram. Everything seems related to 7 like they open at 7am, open 7 days a week, 7 gram of coffee used, etc. My muffin set was 4,000 KRW.



After that, started our journey to the office for the last session. Yes, finally my workshop is over and glad the affiliates appreciated it and wrote a compliment email to APAC mgmt. So happen the Chg Mgmt Director forwarded that to our team’s Vice President and he also forwarded to our CIO!! Guess what, the CIO personally wrote my boss and myself an email for our hardwork! This is cool and really outshines our team’s performance.

Manage to leave office around 5pm, reach hotel around 5:20pm and started the journey to Insadong, one of their popular evening shopping street. The whole journey was slightly jam but still bearable and manage to reach there around 25 mins. Insadong does gave me a feeling like walking thru Chinatown but you will only find Korean stuffs here. You might saw some Chinese stuffs like painting, accessories, clothing, etc but this make sense because Korean was once influence by China too.

After doing some shopping with my boss, was looking for a decent place and so happen I found an Indian restaurant. It was a cozy and well decorated place, located at 2nd and 3rd floor of that shoplot. Food isn’t that great and price still reasonable, in term of local prices. Spent about 1 hour there as my boss was so enjoy their music and keep talking about his past. It’s fun but later found a bit boring.

Right after we stepped out from the restaurant my boss suddenly persuaded me to do massage again!? In Korea? Yeah and so happen it’s not really that expensive. He took the back massage and mine just food massage, just to accompany him which cost me 15,000 KRW. Initially we thought the massage might be lousy because it’s just a small place with few beds and owned by an old couple. Once they started the massage, it changed our assumption because they were good, right at the spot and seems skillful too. Though their duration just 30 mins but to me, they provide quality over quantity, like what we had in BKK. Once massage is over, I only saw they have those accupunture chart on their wall and looks like they know a bit of accupunture. No wonder they can find the spot easily ;)

Besides the nice massage, we were also given a free, nice, soothing saxophone live band. The songs were so nice which comprises of Christmas songs, popular Kenny G’s hit and others. With good massage and song, it’s perfecto!

After the massage, we had to called it a day and take taxi back to our hotel. Had to rest well because tomorrow we will do early check out and plan to go for a quick morning tour in Seoul. It cost 40,000 KRW and will visit few popular places which start from 9am till 12:30pm. Since my flight is at 4:40pm, so should be fine and really want to utilize my time and resources because I have no clue when I will be coming back.
Better get freshen up, pack up then sleep now …

No comments: