Search This Blog

Sunday 19 June 2011

Cause havoc to Kai Meng's homework

Was teaching him to do weekend homework and had a terrible misunderstanding. He already cut few pieces of numbered paper and the shape was odd. According to the instruction, he need to paste the numbered paper into each box with the correct answer. Maybe I didn't read properly so I decided to trim the paper into proper shape and let him paste it but when I'm almost completing it, he suddenly shouted in sobbing because it suppose to be in that shape because there is a jigsaw image behind the numbered paper.

OMG, he started to cry and luckily I still have those debris and instantly I came out an idea to scan all the pieces and stick it back in computer then reprint it out. After he knew my solution, he started to stop crying and with some of my jokes with the paper, he started to smile and forget about the problem (maybe he know I will settle for him) :(

Luckily all the main parts was recovered and quickly fix the image while the mother continue to guide him doing the homework. After 30 mins of scanning and stitches, voila, it's recovered and Kai Meng was so happy and relief. Although it's not perfect but it's the best I could do. Generally this look like a problem but at least I can make use of this as a lesson for both of us about importance of communication, being analytical and problem solving experience. Not sure how much can he absorb :/


Will go back to SG tonight and hope he will be ok as we were so close for the past 2 weeks and the mixed feelings re-visit me again ... sigh :(

No comments: