Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2011

Day 1 for Korea Workshop

It was a short sleep so still feel a bit tired and sleepy while brushing my teeth. By 7:30am, already at lobby taking the hotel limo to Korea office.  The limo driver seems very blurred because even provided him the address and map but still unable to find the office. Luckily my colleague manage to spot it while ‘turn around the garden’. Since none of us had breakfast, so we just had our quick bite at the coffee house located right in the office’s lobby. Nothing great there but at least not stomach empty :(

Receiver - they will buzz you when your food is ready
About 9am, we have reach the office at 8th floor and met our affiliates team lead where she brought us to 19th floor where their training floor (take note, I mention floor not room) was located. After chatting with the lead, just got to know they have few floors within this new high rise where 7, 8, 9, 14, 15 and 19 were rented by ELC, awesome!

View from office main entrance
Since my voice still not so good and my boss speak better than me, so I pass the ball to him again ;) The session started very slow but just like the past workshop, the team seems getting better right before lunch. About 12:40pm, we finally heading for our lunch … Yes! Outside of office and no more lunch box :)
They brought us for Japanese restaurant which located at the basement of same building. It’s just a normal Japanese restaurant and I’ve ordered myself a bento. The portion is very generous and I almost can’t finish the whole set. Also, I worried I might feel sleepy due to heavy lunch but don’t care lar … still better than hungry for nothing :p



After the lunch, we continue the workshop and the team was much productive now and able to complete the mapping without any outstanding issues. It was cool and we were able to go back to hotel around 6:30pm. As expected, my boss asked me out to walk around our hotel after put down our backpack. There were only 2 malls nearby and things there were quite normal and common but far more expensive. I wonder how they survive especially those low income fella :(

Icon made from scrap, nothing to do while caught in jam :)
Found so many nice food like BBQ pork, ramen, local roadside hawkers but just can see no touch as my boss is vegetarian. Because of him, I’m unable to try so many nice food during my Bangkok and Seoul trip. I guess I can only try if I’m able to visit Korea one more time on personal trip. Ended up having dinner at our hotel and food just so so lar … nothing great.

About 10pm, decided to go back room and lazy for a while then shower … Hope tomorrow will be easy and smooth day and able to leave office around 5:30pm because I’ve agreed with my boss to visit their popular night market, Dongdaemun which require 40 mins journey via subway. Not near but at least something lor … we shall see ;)

No comments: