Search This Blog

Sunday 4 September 2011

Lunch at Kg Asli before going back to SG

After 3 weeks staying in KL, it feel very odd and weird to go back SG. Guess this is the longest stay in KL ever since I move there last Sep. In fact, my son already feel sad few days before knowing me leaving soon but luckily I manage to comfort him and promised him to bring him to Lake Garden when I'm back on mid Sept.

Luckily Derrick travel to KL to attend Ken's wedding yesterday so I can get a free hitch ride back to SG without taking taxi to Times Square and traveling by coach especially today will be high traffic at Immigration Checkpoint due to school holiday/weekend.

Started journey around 10:45am and manage to reach JB around 2pm. He proposed to lunch at JB and wanted to bring me to a seafood village near JB. He could hardly remember the way in due to recent development in JB and it was 6 years ago too. After checking with friends and googling, we manage to find it arouind 3:15pm. It seems slightly off the map and gave me a feelings like Bagan Lalang in Port Klang, just that this place I can see the sea and water isn't that murky ;)

There are villages there along the coast and you can still see kids playing water right below their house naked but the water is real dirty. Not far from the playing area is the toilet of those restaurants. Kinda gross but they still enjoying that ;)

Food wise is ok and I like their deep fried baby octopus. Initially I don't plan to eat that because I don't take  baby octopus but they deep fried until like calamari so it turn out to be my new favourite. Price is reasonable where it cost 3 person for RM49 with deep fried baby octopus, kang kong belacan, garupa with HK style and drinks. Now, I've one more place to go when visiting JB next time.

The village
There were few restaurants there and was told this one is more popular
The live seafood
View from my table
My new favourite!

No comments: