Search This Blog

Monday 18 July 2011

First day at Meria Suriang

Since today is my first day reporting, I was already at MVM somewhere 8am and was wondering if someone would already in office otherwise I will need to loitering until 9am but luckily the receptionist is already there. She was quite friend and helpful as not only she assisted me on administration stuffs like proximity card but lead me to my cube and a office tour.

Along my tour, most of the colleagues were very cheerful and friendly and I guess partly they know I was from Singapore. Not sure if they are all this friendly or just got to know that I'm from Regional office but I hope not the latter one.

The KL office seems smaller than SG but I feel it's more cozy and homey. Partition isn't high and everyone just cramp around. The office condition seems a bit old and guess what, even though they rented the whole floor but only allocated ONE toilet deck for male staffs due to the shortage facility from the building and majority of the staffs are women. Now, I can really feel the impact being minority in an organization and was advised by other male colleagues to go down one floor and borrow someone's toilet instead. OMG, really freak me out and better don't drink too much water :p

Luckily they are planning to move to new office block near MVM as it's still yet to be ready, maybe in another few years time. I'm not really 'keh poh'ing but this might be my long term office area so should hope for better future right?

Was given the proximity card for KL office and now I'm having 2 sets ... sound so cool but better don't lost it otherwise will get fine. As for my cube, just so so only and it's quite corner ... facing towards the admin room and pantry. Sound pity but one thing for sure is I'm with a whole bunch of marketing and beauty advisors so manage to get some good 'view' if too tense working :P

One for building portal and another for office
My humble cube

Pantry

Even pantry lady also got mini cube :p
During lunch time, have to go alone as so happen my KL colleagues went training at Singapore and only be back on Wed. What a bad timing but still oklah as I finally get a chance to work near (or above) a mall ... some more it's Mega Mall. Likewise, I might not visit this mall during my weekend shopping as I will be in this mall for 5 days a week. Can't imagine my other KL colleagues as they have been here for at least 5 years.

Jungle room (meeting room)
Rest area near the Jungle Room
Training room at 22nd floor
View from 22nd floor

No comments: